|Print this page|
Windows Server 2008
ID : WS08
Department ID : microsoft
Cost : N/A     Total Semester : N/A
This program provides students with an understanding of Windows Server 2008, including installation, configuration, and upgrading. Special emphasis is given to upgrading common server configurations and using the Windows Server Deployment Solution Accelerator.
This program helps prepare you for the following Certification Exams:
- Exam 70-640: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
- Exam 70-642: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Exam 70-643: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration
- Exam 70-646: PRO: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- Exam 70-647: PRO: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
Before attending this course, students must have one or more of the following:
- On-the-job experience in planning, implementing, managing, or supporting Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, including Active Directory and Network Infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of networking, for example, TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience with a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure.
- Experience with implementing security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network.
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows Vista.
Learning Outcomes and Career OpportunitiesAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Windows Server 2008.
- Perform initial configuration tasks for Windows Server 2008.
- Conduct an unattended install of Windows Server 2008.
- Configure Windows Server Core 2008.
- Use Windows Deployment Services to deploy Windows Server 2008.
- Utilize Windows Server Deployment.
- Upgrade to Windows Server 2008 from Windows Server 2003.
- Upgrade Active Directory to Windows Server 2008.
- Upgrade Windows Server 2003 File and Print servers to Windows Server 2008.
- Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Application and Web servers to Windows Server 2008.
- Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Branch Office servers to Windows Server 2008.
- Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK.
Note: The curriculum for this program is continually modified to reflect current trends. Students should refer to their student handbook for the curriculum they are required to complete.The program content and schedule also can be customized for personal or corporate training requirements. For more detail information, please fill out Request Form or call 416-225-9920.
Please select the term in which you want to enroll.