|Print this page|
Project Management Professional
This course offers a job-related approach to successful project management across application areas and industries. You will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the PMI to successfully manage projects.
This course is designed for experienced project managers who want to increase their project management skills, apply a standards-based approach to project management, and apply for PMP Certification.
You'll learn to:
- become familiar with PMBOK Guide terms, definitions, and processes
- master test-taking techniques
- learn styles and types of questions found on the PMP or CAPM exams
- PMBOK Guide's five process groups, nine knowledge areas, and the area of professional and social responsibility
Admission RequirementsThis course satisfies the requirements for instruction contact hours.
To be eligible for the CAPM or PMP certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements. Equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Project or Project Management Fundamentals is recommended.
Learning Outcomes and Career OpportunitiesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Initiate a project
- Plan project work
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications
- Plan project procurement
- Execute project work
- Monitor and control project work
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close the project